At just 27 years of age Jose Luis’ great passion for photography has raised him to be considered one of the biggest photographers of the international panorama. This young Spanish photographer has been a winner in the most prestigious photographic competitions in the world, standing out for his talent in Wedding, Architecture and Landscape.
In 2011 he was chosen in Las Vegas by WPPI as Photographer of the Year as recognition for his international career.
In 2011 the MPA chose him as International Master Photographer of the Year and Jose Luis was awarded with European Portfolio of the Year, Overseas Commercial Photographer of the Year, Overseas Wedding Photographer of the Year, Overseas Best Image of the Year, Landscape and Travel Photographer of the Year and Contemporary Wedding Photographer of the Year.
Jose Luis has been the winner of multiple 1st place prizes in Wedding and Architecture in WPPI Las Vegas and in the IPC. Winner of the National Photography Award of Spain, Gold LUX in Landscape and Travel and winner of the Silver LUX in Architecture. He is also the winner of the Italian FIOF Professional Award 2012 and 2011 in Wedding and in Commercial and Gold Award for three consecutive years. The European Photography Federation named him European Commercial Bronze Camera 2011, being awarded with the FEP Gold Award in 2009, 2010 and in 2011 with the FEP European Photographer of the Year.
Recently he was the winner of the Best International Bridal Portfolio in the IPPA National Awards 2012 in Ireland and winner of the Silver Award in Architecture from the British Institute of Professional Photography in the U.K.
His artistic talent has been recognised with titles of the Master QEP of Europe by FEP, Fellowship in the United Kingdom, by MPA, Fellowship in Ireland, by IPPA and AEPA, by WPPI in the United States.
In the present, he performs numerous educational tasks in the entire world and is required as an international judge in important photographic contests.
Photographer: Jose Luis Guardia Peinado, my father.
Food: Spanish Ham, Lamb.
Country: Scotland and Italy.
Hotel: The Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra.
Book: "The Iliad" by Homer
1. What organisations are you a member of? In Europe the Federation of Professional European Photographers (FEP), British Institute of Professional Photography (BIPP), Master Photographers Association (MPA), Irish Professional Photographers Association (IPPA). In the United States, Professional Photographers of America (PPA) and Wedding & Portrait Photographers International (WPPI).
2. Do you have any workshops on the horizon? Yes, this year my father and I are going to make a series of workshops all over the world. Starting in Portugal, continuing in Mexico, we will be going from coast to coast in the United States (New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco), finishing in China (Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong). We will soon give all the details in our education webpage: www.xpressionworkshops.com
3. Where are you from? Granada, a beautiful city in the south of Spain.
4. What's the most valuable thing you own? (material or not) My family, friendship and enjoying my Job.
5. What were your aspirations growing up? To keep growing and having success in our projects and this industry.
6. What's your attitude to work? I have the luck to be happy in what I do which is what makes me want to keep at it and keep growing.
7. Who's style dead or alive do you admire? Photography grows out of honest people who contribute their own style, all of them worthy of admiring.
8. Where do you like to dine around the world? Eating pizza in Italy, Lamb “vindahalo” style in India or a good leg of lamb in Spain.
9. Outside of work, what are your interests? Travelling, dining, walking, everything that has to do with having a good time with my partner, my family and my friends.
10. Did you go to school to study photography? I studied basic photography, but my best formation has been learning together with my father.
11. One way you market your photography? My websites and social pages.
12. Which 5 words would your friends use to describe you? Honest, original, nonconformist, good humored and fun.